Club Meeting Minutes (Don Gilles, Secretary)
There was no Club Meeting in December, January, and February 2021
Big Sky RC Meeting Minutes Nov 4, 2020
President Dan Woods brought the meeting to order at 7:04 PM at John Sandy's garage with 7 members in attendance. Secretary Don Gilles read Octoberís meeting minutes and they were accepted as read.
Treasurer Darrell Anderson read the Treasurerís report and it was accepted as read.
Dan Woods started with a reminder that the Christmas party is still on hold. Then Dan brought up the car track issues for discussion. Several issues need to be addressed:
- What type of membership should they hold? An associate non-voting membership would most likely be the best course of action.
- What type of insurance will they have? It was thought that ROAR (Remotely Operated Auto Racers) insurance might cover them but that will have to be investigated. Some members thought that there might be a cross-insuring agreement between AMA and ROAR but that isn't known for sure.
- Where will the track be located? Most likely location is east of the outhouses along the property line.
- Dan woods also stated there are two types of cars. They'll have dirt track cars and drag racing cars. Dan mentioned that he'll be purchasing a car and suspects others will as well if we can get this off the ground. Dan also said he's going to try and contact the Kootenai RC Racers of Libby with some questions that might help guide us through this process.
- A link to the Kootenai RC Racers web site: https://kootenaircracers.wixsite.com/krcr
- Dave Grosse spoke to the decline in our membership and that this is our most likely solution to maintaining the club. Dan Woods brought up the issue of raising dues but doesn't think it's necessary at this time.
Dan Woods reminded us that club officer nomination needs to proceed soon and for members to start thinking about that.
Darrell Anderson briefed us on the benefits of our club re-chartering to a 501(c)(3) organization. The biggest benefit would be obtaining a tax exemption status. There are numerous others and Darrell agreed to look into the process of doing this and will provide an update when he finds more information.
- A link to Wikipedia's description of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/501(c)(3)_organization
December's meeting location is currently TBD and we'll wait for the weather and covid to make a decision.
Thanks to John Sandy for hosting the meeting and providing us with donuts, coffee and shelter from the wind. Social distancing was observed.
Thanks to all attendees, the meeting was adjourned at 8:03 pm.